When we lose a loved one it is a tumultuous time. We understand how difficult it can be. We can give you compassionate guidance and the steady hand of an experienced professional office. What may seem difficult and overwhelming for you at such a devastating time, is manageable for our office. Trust administration is a process. We have handled the administration of trusts for many years. Each family, each trust, and each tax situation can present different challenges. Our combination of knowledge and experience can help you get through the process as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Many people believe that once their trust is established the work is done. However there are many important legal requirements that need to be satisfied when a loved one passes. Legal attention can be required for:
- Real Property
- Family tensions
- Debts and claims against the trust
- Potential Estate Tax
- Advising the trustee about exposure to liability
- Marshalling and valuing assets
- Implementing estate tax planning (ABC Trusts/Marital Deduction Trusts etc.)
- Special situations like:
- Unclear trust provisions
- Disinheritance of a natural heir
- Inadequate tax provisions
- Failure to re-sign trust after marriage
- Omitted spouses & children
- Distributing the inheritance
We work closely with you, your CPA, Financial, and other advisors as a team to diminish your burden. Teamwork minimizes trustee liability, insures compliance, and shortens the administrative period.
Contact our office to find out how we can help you at this difficult time.